Monday, August 24, 2009

Great tracking website

Hi all,

I found a great website for tracking your nutrition and calories. http://www.sparkpeople.com/
This is a very user friendly website. I played around with it this weekend. Terri Jo has also used it and recommends it.
I have never used a more easy food tracker to enter my food and calories. It is just hard to be honest about the actual portions I eat. :) It will total the calories, protein and fats for you so you can scroll to the bottom of the page and see what you have left for the day.
Entering the workout stuff is easy. I cannot find anything for Dragon Boating but I would use Kayaking for regular practices and maybe vigorous rowing for our race weekends.
Interesting point I found for me is that our race weekends we normaly burn around 300 calories with our races and warm up before hand yet, for me I eat around 3000 calories. Not great for the fitness goals. I will post this link as one of the main websites to visit on the right hand side of this site if you aren't checking things out right now. Get all your information in order now though. Start tracking your diet to see where you are at and what will have to change by the time we start our contest. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm using livestrong.com for calorie tracking and finding it very helpful. It is so much easier to make changes to my diet now that I know where my problems are. I found that I'm going over my recommended amounts of fat and protein on a daily basis, but not reaching the recommended amount of carbs (not what I was expecting at all).

    ReplyDelete