Thursday, February 18, 2010

Comfy on the Couch Syndrome

Ever get that snuggled in feeling? Where you get home turn on the TV and feel like you are content to park it for the rest of the evening? Well I do. I have awesome at home work outs like Windsor Pilates and P90X but sometimes I just don't want to stop watching my shows. To combat this feeling I have taken a great idea given to me by my good friend Christine Pezzulo. I grab a deck of cards and assign a work out to each suit. Sit ups for hearts, push ups for diamonds, mountain climbers for clubs, and squats for spades. Pick another exercise to replace any or all if these if you feel you cannot do one or more of these. Shuffle the deck well and turn over one card at a time. The number on the card indicates the reps, face cards are worth 10 reps and aces are 15 reps. If you do one card right after the other, the work out can be done in 20-30 minutes and you can still watch your show through most of it. Don't want to miss a minute of your show? Flip the cards on the commercials instead and you will get the work out done in just under an hour. Either way by the time you finish, you will have done 99 sit ups, 99 push ups, 99 mountain climbers, and 99 squats. A work out without any extra equipment or thinking and all done while keeping the tv on. Try it out.

1 comment: